Chartered Surveyors that cover City EC3

Listed below are 8 Chartered Surveyors that regularly carry out surveys in the City EC3 area. Clicking on their name will take you through to their website. Alternatively you can send a request to several of the listed surveyors by ticking the box next to their name and clicking on the "Send a Message" box.

Agent Phone Address
Friend & Falcke 020 7590 3148 64 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JF
Peter Barry Surveyors 020 7183 2578 Vicarage House, 58-60 Kensington Church Street, Kensington, London W8 4DB
Survey Homes 020 3251 0147 77 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0HW
Capital Chartered 020 8875 0035 64 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JF
Stone Survey 020 7100 7087 21 Ellis Street, Belgravia, London SW1X 9AL
Jenner Jones 020 3925 3631 Suite 426, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
Anderson Wilde & Harris 020 7061 1100 12 Dorrington Street, London EC1N 7TB
The JPS Consultancy 020 7129 7374 78 York Street, London W1H 1DP

Get a quote for your City EC3 property survey

If you are buying a property in City EC3 and would like to arrange a survey you can contact some or all of the surveyors listed to obtain a quotation. We have listed only independent local surveyors that have considerable experience in their field and that are familiar with City EC3. We would recommend contacting 2 or 3 from the list. Try clicking through to their websites to see which ones would be most suitable for your purpose.

What type of property survey should you have?

If you are taking out a mortgage the lender will insist upon carrying out a valuation inspection. Although you will bear the cost of this it is just a valuation for the lender's purposes and not a survey. The two most common types of property survey are an RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation, often referred to as a Homebuyer's Report and a Building Survey. The Homebuyer's Report will be suitable in most cases. The exceptions are properties that are more than 150 years old, that have been substantially altered or that have known structural problems. If any of these exceptions apply a Building Survey, previously known as a Full Structural survey, will be more appropriate.

For more detailed advice read our article "What type of survey should I have?".

Information on City EC3

City EC3 is an area in the City of London that is bounded by Tower Hill, Fenchurch Street and Monument. The River Thames flows just to the south of the area.

City EC3 is proper City of London territory and it is here that you will find a large number of the bigger financial and commercial institutions. However, it also includes the Tower of London and Old Billingsgate Market in its postcode and, as will all parts of London, there are no specific boundaries as areas constantly merge and spill over. Despite being primarily a business area, there is a lively feel to EC3 and plenty of shops and restaurants aimed at the lunchtime and after-work office clientele. Property is largely limited to period and new development apartment blocks that are popular with City workers as weekday crash pads.

Tower Hill and Monument underground stations serve City EC3. These are both in zone 1, on the Circle and District lines.