Party Wall Surveyors in Old Street

Below you will find a list of party wall surveyors that regularly act for owners living in the Old Street area. Clicking on their name will take you through to their website. Alternatively, you can send a message to several of the listed surveyors by ticking the box next to their name and clicking on the "Send a Message" box.

Agent Phone Address
Peter Barry Surveyors 020 7183 2578 Vicarage House, 58-60 Kensington Church Street, Kensington, London W8 4DB
Anstey Horne 020 7065 2770 4 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4UP
Delva Patman Redler 020 7936 3668 3-4 Holborn Circus, Holborn, London EC1N 2HA
Seven One Associates 020 8115 3553 85 Portland Street, London W1W 7LT
Square Point Surveyors 020 8360 5488 15 Stratton Street, London W1J 8
Jenner Jones 020 3925 3631 Suite 426, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
Anderson Wilde & Harris 020 7061 1100 12 Dorrington Street, London EC1N 7TB
The JPS Consultancy 020 7129 7374 78 York Street, London W1H 1DP

Get some advice on party wall procedures or a quote from a party wall surveyor

If you’re undertaking work to your Old Street property and need advice on party wall matters or have received a party wall notice and are considering appointing a surveyor you can contact some or all of the surveyors listed above for initial advice or a quotation. We would recommend contacting 2 or 3 from the list. Try clicking through to their websites to see which ones would be most suitable for your purposes.

Are you planning to extend or alter your property and require advice on party wall matters?

If you are proposing to alter or extend your property it may be necessary to formally notify your neighbours. Works covered by the Party Wall Act include cutting in to the party wall (such as to insert beams as part of a loft conversion), excavating within 3.00m of a neighbouring or shared structure (such as for the foundations to an extension) or building a new wall either up to or astride the boundary. Upon receipt of the notice your neighbours have the option to either consent or dissent and appoint a surveyor.   

If you intend to draft the notice(s) yourself you may care to use our free Party Wall Notice Generator Tool. Alternatively, speak to the surveyors listed as most will serve notices for a nominal fee as that can be done without visiting the property.

Have you received a notice and would like some advice on your options?

It’s natural to be concerned when building works, over which you have no control, are being undertaken in close proximity to your property. It may be that the risk is minimal and a chat with one of our surveyors covering the Old Street area should put your mind at rest if that is the case.

If the works are more complex or high risk you may choose to appoint a surveyor to ensure that any necessary safeguards are in place prior to the works commencing. As part of the process the condition of your property will be recorded and checked again at the end of the works. In all normal circumstances the owner undertaking the works will be responsible for the surveyors’ reasonable fees.   

Our article explaining the role of the party wall surveyor is a good starting point.

Information on Old Street

Old Street is a vibrant area of London in the borough of Islington. It acts as a kind of crossroads, linking the East End of London to the City and it is a major thoroughfare for all areas of London.

Old Street is a trendy neighbourhood that blends the shabby chic of the emerging East End areas with the fast-paced living of the City of London to the west. It has seen a great deal of change over recent years and is now a highly desirable place to live and work. There are new apartments going up all the time and new restaurants and bars popping up on a daily basis. Transport links are good and nearby areas such as Angel and Spitalfields provide even more shopping and recreational facilities.

Old Street underground station is on the Northern line and is located in zone 1, giving access to south and north London. There are countless bus routes operating in the area to the east and the City, as well as into central London.