Chartered Surveyors that cover Holborn

Listed below are 8 Chartered Surveyors that regularly carry out surveys in the Holborn area. Clicking on their name will take you through to their website. Alternatively you can send a request to several of the listed surveyors by ticking the box next to their name and clicking on the "Send a Message" box.

Agent Phone Address
Friend & Falcke 020 7590 3148 64 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JF
Peter Barry Surveyors 020 7183 2578 Vicarage House, 58-60 Kensington Church Street, Kensington, London W8 4DB
Survey Homes 020 3251 0147 77 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0HW
Capital Chartered 020 8875 0035 64 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7JF
Stone Survey 020 7100 7087 21 Ellis Street, Belgravia, London SW1X 9AL
Jenner Jones 020 3925 3631 Suite 426, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
Anderson Wilde & Harris 020 7061 1100 12 Dorrington Street, London EC1N 7TB
The JPS Consultancy 020 7129 7374 78 York Street, London W1H 1DP

Get a quote for your Holborn property survey

If you are buying a property in Holborn and would like to arrange a survey you can contact some or all of the surveyors listed to obtain a quotation. We have listed only independent local surveyors that have considerable experience in their field and that are familiar with Holborn. We would recommend contacting 2 or 3 from the list. Try clicking through to their websites to see which ones would be most suitable for your purpose.

What type of property survey should you have?

If you are taking out a mortgage the lender will insist upon carrying out a valuation inspection. Although you will bear the cost of this it is just a valuation for the lender's purposes and not a survey. The two most common types of property survey are an RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation, often referred to as a Homebuyer's Report and a Building Survey. The Homebuyer's Report will be suitable in most cases. The exceptions are properties that are more than 150 years old, that have been substantially altered or that have known structural problems. If any of these exceptions apply a Building Survey, previously known as a Full Structural survey, will be more appropriate.

For more detailed advice read our article "What type of survey should I have?".

Information on Holborn

Holborn is an area of central London, in the borough of Camden. It is bordered by Bloomsbury, Chancery Lane, Aldwych and Covent Garden.

Holborn is a popular area that is packed with office blocks and hotels, which make use of its proximity to the heart of London and all the amenities that this affords. There are numerous restaurants, pubs and bars and it’s a fairly lively area for socialising. It has many historical links and it is home to Lincoln’s Inn Fields, which is the largest public square in London. There are a number of large period properties in and around Holborn offering everything from serviced apartments to conversion flats.

Holborn underground station is in zone 1 and is on the Central and Piccadilly lines, making it easily accessible for most other parts of London. Local bus routes operate to all areas of central London, as well as to Euston and King’s Cross.