Chartered Surveyors that cover Woolwich

Listed below are 8 Chartered Surveyors that regularly carry out surveys in the Woolwich area. Clicking on their name will take you through to their website. Alternatively you can send a request to several of the listed surveyors by ticking the box next to their name and clicking on the "Send a Message" box.

Agent Phone Address
Edward James Surveyors 020 3763 5887 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RE
Peter Barry Surveyors 020 8305 2099 6 Mitre Passage, Greenwich, London SE10 0ER
Joe Fraser Surveyors 020 7206 2612 121 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8EN
Survey Homes 020 3251 0147 7 Stafford Court, Stafford Road, Croydon CR0 4NL
Phillip Kent & Associates 020 8681 6231 17 Copping Close, Croydon, Surrey CR0 5JZ
Copeland Yussuf 020 3005 8660 3 Borthwick Street, London SE8 3GH
SelectSurv 020 3633 3155 67 Westow Street, Upper Norwood, Lonodn SE19 3RW
Surveyor Sorted 020 3900 3902 West Gatehouse, 1-3 Handley Drive, London SE3 9BU

Get a quote for your Woolwich property survey

If you are buying a property in Woolwich and would like to arrange a survey you can contact some or all of the surveyors listed to obtain a quotation. We have listed only independent local surveyors that have considerable experience in their field and that are familiar with Woolwich. We would recommend contacting 2 or 3 from the list. Try clicking through to their websites to see which ones would be most suitable for your purpose.

What type of property survey should you have?

If you are taking out a mortgage the lender will insist upon carrying out a valuation inspection. Although you will bear the cost of this it is just a valuation for the lender's purposes and not a survey. The two most common types of property survey are an RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation, often referred to as a Homebuyer's Report and a Building Survey. The Homebuyer's Report will be suitable in most cases. The exceptions are properties that are more than 150 years old, that have been substantially altered or that have known structural problems. If any of these exceptions apply a Building Survey, previously known as a Full Structural survey, will be more appropriate.

For more detailed advice read our article "What type of survey should I have?".

Information on Woolwich

Woolwich is a large urban centre located in between Charlton and Plumstead. It is on the south side of the River Thames. The main area of Woolwich is in the London Borough of Greenwich, however, a small section is actually located across the river in the London Borough of Newham.

Woolwich has undergone a huge regeneration programme with luxury housing being developed on the Woolwich Arsenal site and major redevelopment work being undertaken in the town centre. New shops have opened and tired buildings have been demolished and redeveloped.

With regards to transport, Woolwich has two mainline rail stations: Woolwich Arsenal and Woolwich Dockyard, both of which operate fast, regular services into the centre of London. A new DLR station was opened at Woolwich Arsenal a couple of years ago, linking the area to the Docklands and the city. The Woolwich Ferry operates a free service across the river.