Chartered Surveyors that cover Marylebone

Listed below are 8 Chartered Surveyors that regularly carry out surveys in the Marylebone area. Clicking on their name will take you through to their website. Alternatively you can send a request to several of the listed surveyors by ticking the box next to their name and clicking on the "Send a Message" box.

Agent Phone Address
Brittain Hadley 020 8742 7704 Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Street, London W4 5YA
Peter Barry Surveyors 020 7183 2578 Vicarage House, 58-60 Kensington Church Street, Kensington, London W8 4DB
Owen Grainger Associates 020 8994 9000 103 Devonshire Road, London W4 2XX
De Villiers Chartered Surveyors 020 7887 6009 2nd Floor, Berkeley Square House, Berkley Square, London W1 6BD
Buntings Chartered Surveyors 020 8567 2448 24 Northfield Avenue, Ealing, London W13 9RL
London Surveyor's & Valuers Ltd 020 7491 7178 25 North Row, Mayfair, London W1K 6DJ
Pinta Investment Surveyors & Valuers 020 7859 4143 12 Bayley Street, London WC1B 3HD
Kirkham's Surveyors & Valuers Ltd 020 7266 3386 Suite 32, 58-60 Kensington Church Street, London W8 4DB

Get a quote for your Marylebone property survey

If you are buying a property in Marylebone and would like to arrange a survey you can contact some or all of the surveyors listed to obtain a quotation. We have listed only independent local surveyors that have considerable experience in their field and that are familiar with Marylebone. We would recommend contacting 2 or 3 from the list. Try clicking through to their websites to see which ones would be most suitable for your purpose.

What type of property survey should you have?

If you are taking out a mortgage the lender will insist upon carrying out a valuation inspection. Although you will bear the cost of this it is just a valuation for the lender's purposes and not a survey. The two most common types of property survey are an RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation, often referred to as a Homebuyer's Report and a Building Survey. The Homebuyer's Report will be suitable in most cases. The exceptions are properties that are more than 150 years old, that have been substantially altered or that have known structural problems. If any of these exceptions apply a Building Survey, previously known as a Full Structural survey, will be more appropriate.

For more detailed advice read our article "What type of survey should I have?".

Information on Marylebone

This area of central London sits in the Borough of Westminster and is bordered by Edgware Road, Oxford Street and Marylebone Road.

Despite its spelling it is actually pronounced ‘mar-lee-bone’ and its location, combined with its ‘villagey’ feel and the abundance of housing stock, have made it a popular choice for affluent Londoners and foreigners. Two of London’s great parks – Regent’s Park and Hyde Park – sit on the North and South of the area, and it is also home to some popular attractions including Madame Tussaud’s and the London Zoo. It is also an area of historic and academic significance with Harley Street, The Royal Academy of Music and Marylebone Chapel all calling this area home.

There are a number of zone 1 tube stations in and around Marylebone, with links to all parts of London. Marylebone is on the Bakerloo Line, while Baker Street is on the Bakerloo, Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines.